WHAT TO WEAR
Although there is no standard yoga attire, comfortable clothes that allow you to move and stretch easily are recommended. Stay away from anything too baggy, as you will probably find yourself upside down at some point. Shoes and socks are not worn in class.
WHAT TO BRING
Mats, towels, and water bottles can be rented or purchased at the studio or brought from your own home. Many people also bring a change of clothes.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We strongly recommend that you arrive at least 15 minutes early so you have time to sign in, change, and get settled. On your first visit, plan to come a few minutes earlier to fill out a waiver and release, sign in, and pay for class. Web registrations, while not required, help to speed up the check-in process. Learn about our Intro to Yoga 101 workshop
PEOPLE UNDER 18
Yogis of all ages are encouraged to attend classes at Stretch. Minors must have a signed parent/guardian release waiver on file to take class unaccompanied. Children under 13 may not take regular yoga classes without a parent or guardian present.
Pssssst here’s a few tips:
- Don’t take class on a full stomach: Trying to do yoga right after mealtime will hinder your practice. In order for your body to twist and hop into poses, the stomach can’t be digesting something heavy. Also, be hydrated! Drink water before, during and after class.
- Arrive early and be sure to say it’s your first time.
- There might be chanting. If you’re not comfortable with this, there’s no pressure to take part. Simply relax, breathe, and keep an open mind. If you’re interested in trying, do your best to keep up with the class, but no one will notice or mind if you mess up a few words!
- Child’s Pose or simply laying down on your back to rest are, always options.
- If you’re not comfortable with adjustments, there’s nothing wrong with telling your instructor it isn’t working for you.